Ohio Secretary of State Registration

Any business entity operating in Ohio, including the dealership you are opening, must register with the Ohio Secretary of State’s office.

The Ohio Secretary of State wants a record of every business that operates in Ohio including your new business entity. If you live in another state and you are operating a dealership in Ohio, you will also need to file some foreign corporation paperwork.

If you ever cease the operation of your Ohio dealership you will need to file the correct dissolution paperwork with State of Ohio as well. We will cover the paperwork in your dealer class.

Upon determining the type of business entity for your dealership the Secretary of State’s office can assist you in the filing process by calling 614-466-2655 or 877-767-6446

Gain dealer knowledge in your dealer training class.